List:       stampede-linux-user
Subject:    Can't Start Netscape
From:       Allen Wong <amadeus () linuxfan ! com>
Date:       1999-05-12 22:57:02

I am using Stampede 0.89 on a dual 90MHz Pentium machine.  My window
manager is enlightenment 0.15.  I installed Netscape 4.51 last week and
everything was working.  But since yesterday, Netscape won't start.
Clicking on its icon in enlightenment results in a few clicks of the
hard drive but then - nothing.  Entering the command, "netscape" from an
xterm, I get the message:

netscape can't resolve symbol '__res'
Segmentation fault

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled it but it didn't make any
difference.  I wish I could provide more clues but I'm not sure what is
needed to help diagnose this problem.   Thanks.

Allen
--
Linux:  If you're not careful, you might actually learn something.