List:       stackguard
Subject:    Compiling StackGuard 2.0 egcc on Slackware current (7.2 beta)
From:       Rasmus_Rønlev <rasmus () ronlev ! com>
Date:       2001-06-01 11:03:09

Hello again,

I have now successfully downloaded the tar ball of the SG 2.01 stout
compiler (took forever at 256bytes/sec - I recon the site is heavily
strained/constrained).

All I can say is, that the compiler suite compiled perfectly on 'my'
slackware-current distribution. In a short while this distribution will
become Slackware-7.2, so in my best judgment, this should mean that at
least the SG 2.01 tar ball will be fully usable on the slackware
distribution as well.

I'm going to play around a little with SG and libsafe to see what I can
make out of those two. Whether or not I can make them work together
remains to be seen ;)

Again, thanks for the help to Steve and Crispin,
Rasmus