List:       stackguard
Subject:    Re: Securing of systems....
From:       Crispin Cowan <crispin () wirex ! com>
Date:       2000-08-03 4:26:36

"D.Johnson" wrote:

> Speaking of ... Has Immunix started to recompile rh6.9.5 (beta) ?

We have not.  I'm kind of waiting for the controversy over compiler versions to
settle out.  RH pre7.0 is using a newer compiler than the current StackGuard, and we
would have to forward port.  However, there's chat on linux-kernel suggesting that
the compiler in RH pre7.0 can't successfully compile a kernel, so the compiler may
change out from under us.

> OTOH, I've installed Immunix 6.2 on 2 boxes now - everything works as
> expected except the network configuration.  For some odd reason, it
> doesnt setup DHCP like a "real" rh6.2 box does.  Is this a "known" bug?

No, it's not a known bug.  I have Immunix 6.2 on my laptop, and use the
DHCP interface daily to connect ot our server.  Can you elaborate on your symptoms?

Thanks,
    Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com