List:       sssd-users
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5BSSSD-users=5D?= loss of id / i have no name!
From:       Thomas Beaudry <thomas.beaudry () concordia ! ca>
Date:       2017-10-18 15:37:44

Hi,

I have repeated issues with users losing their usernames (only being mapped to their \
uid / in the terminal it says "i have no name!@host").  It doesn't happen daily, but \
it is extremely frustrating because they are running scientific pipelines that take a \
few hours to several days to complete, and as soon as their name is lost, it fails \
and the pipeline has to start from scratch.

My setup is as follows.

Client:  Ubuntu 16.04    (Note that my university has licenses for Redhat,  I could \
upgrade to it if it will 100% fix my problem.  I simply use Ubuntu since a lot of \
scientific packages are already tailored for it, and it saves me weeks of work).

Server: Windows AD, with a Windows NFS file server.

What i don't understand is that if a user is successfully able to authenticate, why \
isn't the account cached, and used for their entire session?  How can a name be lost \
if it is cached.   I have the following in my sssd.conf:

cache_credentials = True
krb5_store_password_if_offline = True

I have had this issue for quite awhile, so upon a previous sssd users suggestion, i \
disabled reverse DNS and it seemed to make this occur less often, but as far as I can \
tell my DNS is setup properly.  I can do a `nslookup <host>`  and get the proper ip \
address, and vice versa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thomas