List:       ssl-users
Subject:    [ssl-users] Questions On SSL Certificate.
From:       chchar <chchar () mail ! tke ! po ! my>
Date:       1999-02-08 8:08:31

Hi there,

   I try to create my digital certificate and I follow the following
 steps.

   1. - Creating the directory structure for managing certificate.
      - Modifying the SSLeay configuration file.
   2.  Creating a Certificate Authority (CA)
   3.  Create and Installing Server Certificate.
   4.  Creating and Install Client Certificates.

  My questions :

     1. At step 1, I change nsCertType to "0x80", which meant for
        SSL client Authentication, do I need to change nsCertType
        to "0x40" (SSL server) during step 3 ?

     2. What is "0x01" and "Ox10" values for ?

     3. After I finish step 4, I verify my client certificate, is ok, but why
        I get this error message "The server cannot verify your certificate"
        when I enter to secure webside by using "https://...." ? Is this
        problem related to nsCertType value in ssleay.cnf ?

   Note : I'm using apache 1.3.3, mod_ssl 2.1.4-1.3.3, Netscape 4.5

  Please advice. Thank.

Regards,

  CHCHAR