List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    Re[2]: [SSI-users] ssh from one node to another
From:       Ron Croonenberg <ronc () depauw ! edu>
Date:       2006-01-20 3:57:37

Hi Roger,

true, but mpdboot (from mpi/mpich2) doen't know that and tries to execute mpd on the other nodes using
ssh or rsh.

I tried to start mpd on all nodes using onnode but the problem I run into is that it reports that mpd is
already running on "some" console.

Ron

>In OpenSSI there's no need to ssh into another node on the cluster
>because you are already on all nodes simultaneously though it may
>appear to the casual user that you are only logged in on one node.
>
>Roger
>

>On 1/20/06, Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> On the cluster can ssh be set up in such a way that one can ssh to anothe
>r node
>> (from any other node) without using a password ?
>>
>> what about rsh ?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> ========================
>=========================
>=============
>>  Everyone wants to grow old but no one wants to be old ....
>> ========================
>=========================
>=============
>>  Ron Croonenberg                   | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
>>  Technology Coordinator            | Fax:   1 765 658 4732
>>  Department of ComputerScience     | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
>>  DePauw University                 |
>>  275 Julian Science & Math Center  |
>>  602 South College Ave.            |
>>  Greencastle, IN  46135            |

 Romance analysis like Quantum Mechanic observations subsumes
 the unavoidable drawback of an irreversible influence on the
 subjects as predicted by the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen effect.