List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    RE: [SSI-users] OpenSSI cluster node as a VMWare machine
From:       Karl Vogel <karl.vogel () seagha ! com>
Date:       2004-11-03 8:11:21

> Has anyone tried running VMWare on windows and then having an OpenSSI node
as the OS running in the virtual machine?

I once installed OpenSSI in 2 VM's with VirtualPC, worked perfectly. Since
you can't share the disk hardware with the VM's you'll have to have 1 serve
the root to the other. In VirtualPC (and I think VMware) there is the option
to create a network between VM's which is perfect for the cluster
interconnect network.

As for XEN.. there is no Windows version of XEN available, also, your client
OS needs to be written to work on XEN (it's not fully transparent).

QEMU should work AFAIK, albeit qemu has problems with FC2 (slow execution)..
prefab images can be found on:
    http://www.freeoszoo.org/download.php