List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    RE: [SSI-users] Re: openSSI webView 0.1 released!
From:       "Walker, Bruce J" <bruce.walker () hp ! com>
Date:       2004-11-02 15:10:38

Xavier,

To clarify, CFS does have caching.  It doesn't have "ondisk caching", which is what \
you propose.  I instead would suggest using DRBD to provide a consistent version of \
the root on two or more nodes (RH is also working on enhancements to CLVM to provide \
cross-node mirroring as well).  According the drbd web site the 2.4.x version is now \
stable so perhaps we should retry it, even before we go to the 2.6 kernel.

Bruce