List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    Re: [SSI-users] cron and atd
From:       Kilian CAVALOTTI <kilian.cavalotti () stix ! polytechnique ! fr>
Date:       2004-09-16 13:21:56

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 13:05, Everett Coleman II wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would like to know if cront&&atd should have an entry in rc.nodeinfo
> as 'initnode' or 'all'.  because the logrotate needs to run on all nodes
> for they have they're own log directory (via context symlinks).  but
> scripts like updatedb for locate don't really need to run on all nodes
> because they share the same disk....

I second this question. I'd like to have a cron job running on each node of
my cluster, and I wonder if I have to run crond on each node, with a
standard cronjob, or if I have to run just one initnode crond, which a
"onnode $i" style cronjob.

Best Regards,

--
Kilian CAVALOTTI                               Ingénieur Systèmes & Réseaux
Laboratoire STIX                                        École Polytechnique