List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    [SSI-users] alias eth-extra ...
From:       bruce () it ! usyd ! edu ! au (Bruce Janson)
Date:       2004-05-29 13:41:02

Hi,
    How do I add a new node which has an ethernet device
whose driver is not already mentioned in /etc/modules.conf on
Node 1?  The "Installing RedHat 9" document at
  http://openssi.org/docs/rh/INSTALL-pf.shtml
suggests that I need to anticipate all ethernet devices
on the day that I first configure Node 1, which, of course,
can't be true.

Cheers,
Bruce Janson, School of Information Technologies, Email:  bruce@cs.usyd.edu.au
F09 Madsen Building, Eastern Avenue               Phone:  +61-2-9351-3423/4
University of Sydney, N.S.W., 2006, AUSTRALIA     Fax:    +61-2-9351-3838