List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    RE: [SSI-users] Node2 stops booting after ipcname_read completed
From:       Karl Vogel <karl.vogel () seagha ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 15:43:48

Just a guess.. at boot the port on the switch might block for
1-2 minutes because of spanning-tree updates. On a cisco switch
you have a setting which you can use to disable this behaviour.

ie. on a cisco switch add
	spanning-tree portfast

to the interface config. You should only do this on ports with
PC's attached to it, certainly no other switches else you could
create loops!

Karl