List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    RE: [SSI-users] Unable to logon with root
From:       "Ryan, Larry (NYS)" <lawrence.ryan () hp ! com>
Date:       2003-07-23 13:54:08

Brian,
A couple of other suggestions:

1. Suggest using the automatic partition on RH, but delete the boot partition \
(/boot).  RH does a good job reallocating the space after deleting it.  This caused \
me a lot of trouble because if you put everything in the root partition it was too \
big and the system would not boot.  I used the server install as the basic install \
and added in packages as needed.

2. Note that tftp-server is not listed in the install for RH.  You need to manually \
install this after the OS install.

3. the cluster_mkinitrd instruction uses only a single dash, when it should be a \
double dash, i.e. --CFG and --WITH. Thanks,
Larry