List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    [SSI-devel] Preview OpenSSI on kernel 2.6.14 - "where angels fear
From:       John Hughes <john () Calva ! COM>
Date:       2009-03-26 10:11:15

I've added a kernel based on OpenSSI CVS (just before Rogers updates of
24/3/2009) and Linux 2.6.14 to my OpenSSI on Debian Lenny preview at
http://deb.openssi.org/alpha/openssi-lenny.

I'd like to thank Stan Smith and Aneesh Kumar for some important parts
of the work (/proc/sysvipc from Stan's 2.6.18 kernel, tcp ics from
Aneesh's ci-to-linux git).

As usual this is probably a bug-ridden piece of junk - all problems are
my fault.

The most interesting part of 2.6.14 is that klibc now works (some of it
would coredump on older kernels) and so we can think about the work
necessary to move from the out-of-date initrd we currently use to a more
modern initramfs.