List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    [SSI-devel] [ ssic-linux-Bugs-983095 ] Can't mount below /dev on
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-01-02 1:00:41

Bugs item #983095, was opened at 2004-06-30 19:43
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by rogertsang
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=405834&aid=983095&group_id=32541

not just the latest update.
Category: Filesystem
Group: None

Initial Comment:

This was seen when attempting to do profiling on
multiple nodes.

The opcontrol command does the following:

mount -t oprofilefs nodev /dev/oprofile >/dev/null

Since this adds the entry to /etc/mtab, a subsequent
node can't do another mount even though /dev is unique
for each node.

While we could simply add a "-n" to the opcontrol
script, this doesn't solve the general problem.  We
could change the mount command to replace /dev
directory specification to /cluster/nodeX/dev.  This
would allow every node to mount below /dev, because the
mount command would fix things to reflect the SSI
kernel notion of what /dev is.

I believe that this change would improve our
application compatibility.