List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [SSI-devel] filesystem observations
From:       "Ron Croonenberg" <ronc () depauw ! edu>
Date:       2005-10-13 16:02:52

>>[mounting /afs on all nodes vs mount on 1 + cfs]

>>I'd forgotten about AFS security.  When you say "you" need to have >>a
token who is "you"?  The process?  The user?  The machine?

>The user, and that token is used for anything that user owns.

Here's something I just tried, and that seems like it might be an idea.

- start afs on every node
- the user gets a token on every node

Then it seems that I have access to my volume on whatever node the
process is that needs access to afs space.
What I didn't try yet is what happens when I open a file, migrate the
process and then continue using that "open" file.

Ron