List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    RE: [SSI-devel] HA processes and cluster device access
From:       "Walker, Bruce J" <bruce.walker () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-02-23 7:00:38

Some research work on checkpoint/restart has been done (migrate a
process to disk instead of to another node) but the development hasn't
been integrated with the released versions.  I think that integration
will be done for as part of the 2.6 work (versions 1.9 and 2.0).

The remote device work could be adapted to non cluster environments.
There are  2 parts to it - naming and access.  The access part is via a
new set of file ops (that go remote).  Current naming is via CFS but
maybe could be adapted to say NFS.

Bruce