List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [SSI-devel] CVS:OPENSS-RH kernel oops CFS/NFSD interaction
From:       "Roger Tsang" <perj8 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-12-23 8:39:05

>demand.  Anything related to the CFS async read ahead cache feature that
>could possibly have timing issues with this CFS update patch?

RedHat is known to include experimental features into their 2.4-kernels like
low-latency and O(1) scheduler, etc.  Often these features are unwanted in a
server environment, but great elsewhere.  Maybe these features are in the
FC1 2.4-kernel that SSI is built on.  If this happens to be true, SSI should
consider build on a vanilla kernel - eg. how Mosix is doing it.  I guess
this is what you guys realized and are doing it right with 2.6