List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    [SSI] HOWTO-Creating SSI Clusters Using UML
From:       "Brian J. Watson" <Brian.J.Watson () compaq ! com>
Date:       2002-04-13 1:06:08

I've posted a preliminary draft of the Creating SSI Clusters Using UML
HOWTO at
  http://ssic-linux.sf.net/ssi-uml-howto/t1.htm

The Docbook source is available at:
  http://ssic-linux.sf.net/ssi-uml-howto.sgml

This HOWTO describes how to use a binary release of the SSI clustering
code that runs on virtual UML machines. It is the quick and easy way for
a novice to set up a SSI cluster without extensive hardware
requirements. The HOWTO also describes how the more advanced user can
build their own SSI kernel and root images, which should make it useful
for testers and developers.

At the moment I'm sending this e-mail, the SSI/UML root image and
utilities are still uploading to the SourceForge server. Other than
that, everything should work as documented, but there might be some
mistakes. Feedback is certainly welcome!

I'll be out on vacation all of next week, so I won't be replying to any
messages until April 22nd.

--
Brian Watson                | "Now I don't know, but I been told it's
Software Developer          |  hard to run with the weight of gold,

mailto:Brian.J.Watson@compaq.com
http://opensource.compaq.com/