List:       sr-users
Subject:    [SR-Users] failure_route, change_reply_status, and append_hf: Not Working as Expected
From:       "sadik.oualla.mohamed--- via sr-users" <sr-users () lists ! kamailio ! org>
Date:       2023-09-26 16:50:20

Hello Kamailio Community,

I'm currently working on a project that involves complex SIP routing and handling. \
I've encountered some difficulties while using change_reply_status, and append_hf \
functions in  failure_route route in Kamailio. Although the documentation does \
provide guidance, the behaviors I am experiencing aren't aligning with the expected \
outcomes.

Issue 1: failure_route
I've set up a failure_route to handle specific SIP response codes (>4xx). However, \
I've observed that it get trigered and lunched, but I can't use change_reply_status \
or append_hf, I was using this first in onreply_route.

Issue 2: change_reply_status
I tried to use the change_reply_status function to modify the status of SIP replies, \
but it raises an error that this command cannot be executed here.

Issue 3: append_hf
I've also attempted to use append_hf in my failure_route block to add headers to \
replies, but the headers are not being added as expected.

As a workaround, I've been using send_reply and append_to_reply for adding custom \
headers, and they seem to be working as expected. However, I found some old messages \
in kamailio mailing list, I can summerize what I learned like this ``` #Functions and \