List:       sr-users
Subject:    Re: [SR-Users] next via branch value
From:       Juha Heinanen <jh () tutpro ! com>
Date:       2015-05-28 10:31:41

Alex Balashov writes:

> Oh, I see. I would agree with your interpretation of the documentation,
> but that would render such a feature rather useless, since, as you point
> out, this does not expose branch-level control. So, I'm wondering if the
> documentation is perhaps unclear about what it really does.

As I mentioned in the previous message, my test shows that README is
correct in that via-branch values 1 and 2 refer to incoming via
headers. That is why there exists the extra value, which allows taking
via-branch value from "extra_id_pv" variable.

The question has been, what value could I assign to extra_id_pv to
uniquely identify the branch.  Since $T_branch_idx exists, perhaps a
good choice could be $sel(via[1].branch) + $T_branch_idx.

-- Juha