List:       sr-dev
Subject:    [OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Patches-1933630 ] dialog callbacks: mi
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net (SourceForge ! net)
Date:       2008-04-27 16:16:46

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by osas
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1933630&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
For modules sitting on top of the dialog module it is not possible to retrieve the \
call specific context out of a callback, because the pointer to the context is stored \
inside the dialog callback structure.

It would make sense to enhance the existing dialog callbacks with a new one that will \
be used by the mi commands to list the call specific context of the data that is hold \
by the module that is sitting on top of the dialog module.

An example is the sst module.  The call specific context is:
typedef struct sst_info_st {
        enum sst_flags requester;
        enum sst_flags supported;
        unsigned int interval;
} sst_info_t;

It would make sense to create a new mi command for the dialog module (like \
dlg_enhanced_list) that will print in addition to the dialog context, the context of \
each module that registered an mi callback with the dialog module.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas