List:       sr-dev
Subject:    [OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1802421 ] SQL injection in AVP Module
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net (SourceForge ! net)
Date:       2007-09-26 8:52:54

Bugs item #1802421, was opened at 2007-09-26 04:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1802421&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.2.x

Initial Comment:
The AVPOPS module function avp_db_query is susceptable to SQL injection attacks \
because any AVP's used within the query string are not escaped properly.

The UNIXODBC module has an existing sql escape function which could be used in this \
case and it also has a module paramater to force escaping of paramaters used in \
queries.

A simple script example of the problem is this:
avp_printf ("$avp(to_displayname)"  ,"Mc'Dowell");
avp_db_query ("select * from table where a='$tn' and b=1")

On MySQL backend this will result in a SQL error on the query, but if the avp var \
used comes from the wire a SQL injection is possible.