List:       sr-dev
Subject:    [Serdev] nat_uac_test gives false positive on Contact Header
From:       Andres <andres () telesip ! net>
Date:       2004-02-22 20:27:56

Hi,

We are now running a live server using "nat_uac_test" and have run into
some problems.  We are now just dealing with test #1 which is for
RFC1918 addresses in the Contact field.  It seems to be giving a false
positive when Cisco ATAs register.   The ATAs first send a REGISTER
request with the Contact field as "*" and Expires = 0.   The purpose is
to clear out  the old registration.  But the nat_uac_test("1")  detects
this as a positive and also detects positives for messages without even
a Contact Header.  Can this be fixed so that the (nat_uac_test("1"))
only returns positive if there is an actual RFC1918 address?

Our workaround so far is to do a text search and skip the nat_uac_test
if the message has "Expires = 0"or if it does not have a Contact Header.

Thanks.

#define NAT_UAC_TEST_C_1918     0x01
        /*
         * test for occurences of RFC1918 addresses in Contact
         * header field
         */
        if ((tests & NAT_UAC_TEST_C_1918) && contact_1918(msg))
                return 1;

--
Andres
Network Admin