List:       sr-dev
Subject:    [Serdev] Re: rtp_proxy enhancements
From:       Maxim Sobolev <sobomax () portaone ! com>
Date:       2003-08-06 15:42:35

jaime@umtstrial.co.uk wrote:

> By "standard" I mean something like MEGACO or MGCP.

I do not feel that something like that is really necessary, but patches
are certainly welcome!

> Before that, a useful
> feature would be to use Internet sockets instead of Unix sockets to
> implement the communication between nathelper and rtp proxy. The idea is
> to have the rtp proxy and the SIP proxy in different machines. If that is
> done with a standard protocol, that would even be better.

The problem with making internet sockets a default is that it is much
harder to implement security. However, having it as an option perhaps
makes a sense, I will look into that direction, especially considering
that it really easy to implement.

-Maxim