List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    Re: [sqwebmail] Re: Re: sqwebmail 4.0.7
From:       James A Baker <sqwebmail () mboro ! org>
Date:       2004-11-01 3:28:14

On Oct 31, 2004, at 17:19, Crowdness wrote:

> In my docroot, I have a lnk to the sqwebmail directory.  That link is
> as
> follows:
> sqwebmail -> /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/html/en-us
>
> [...]
>
> I think I must have the soft lnk wrong.

You should not need a soft link to the ".../sqwebmail/html/en-us"
folder if everything else is configured properly. The sqwebmaild
process should *know* where that folder is and read the files for
itself. -- In fact, assuming AOLserver follows symlinks, then having
them linked into your docroot exposes the raw HTML templates which
would look like crap to any users who found them. I would delete that
link.

> my cg-bin dir is set in my config to :
> Map=GET /cgi-bin /home/httpd/html/sqwebmail/cgi-bin
> Map=POST /cgi-bin/home/httpd/html/sqwebmail/cgi-bin
>
> [...]
>
> Any thoughts would be helpful.

Well, presuming there is actually a space between "Map=POST /cgi-bin"
and "/home/httpd....." (though it doesn't appear to be in your text
above) as there is in the line above it for the Map=GET config... then
I would expect that to be correct. -- However, I do not know ANYTHING
about configuring the AOLserver system, so that's just a guess.

And such a configuration would (I believe) be dependent on you linking
to sqwebmail as "/cgi-bin/sqwebmail" instead of merely "/sqwebmail" ...
which I hope you are already aware of.

Nonetheless, even if that is all correct, something else is obviously
wrong still... Because I get the executable downloaded instead of its
output showing up in my browser -- meaning that the server is NOT
running the cgi as would be desired.

I would suggest that you need to speak to someone with experience in
setting up the AOLserver and find out if you are missing a directive,
or improperly formatting the ones you already have, or anything else
like that.

-jab

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]