List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    [sqwebmail] corrupted user name in email address
From:       "sq sub" <sqwebmail () access2walsall ! org>
Date:       2004-03-31 18:22:17

I have tried as brian suggests writing the message out to a file from
sendit.sh and the output show the same corruption, so the problem lies with
sqwebmail, anyone any idea?

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 04:09:56PM +0100, sq sub wrote:
> I have now tried all of the following combinations and as you see the user
> "from" email address is still corrupted (this is the log from qmail-send)

OK. Unfortunately my account doesn't work for posting to the sqwebmail list,
so I'm going to drop out of the conversation until it's fixed.

Until then, I suggest you replace sendit.sh with a test script: something
like

#!/bin/sh
date >>/tmp/sendit.$$
echo "Params: $@" >>/tmp/sendit.$$
echo "Message:" >>/tmp/sendit.$$
cat - >>/tmp/sendit.$$
exit 0

Each time you send a message, it will appear in /tmp/sendit.NNNNN which you
can read, and prove whether the header is corrupted there (in which case
it's sqwebmail's fault) or not (in which case it's qmail's fault)

Good luck,

Brian.