List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    [sqwebmail] Using global maildirfilterconfig for absolute path to Maildir
From:       Thomas Smith <tom () openadventures ! org>
Date:       2004-01-31 16:51:13

FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE
qmail 1.03
vpopmail 5.4.0rc1
SqWebmail 3.3.5
maildrop 1.5.2

What I'm attempting to do is call a users' .mailflter from the
domain-wide .qmail-default file of vpopmail. This is working correctly
except for one thing: SqWebmail sets up the .mailfilter file's Maildir
paths relative to the user's home directory. Since the .mailfilter is
being called from the user's parent directory, maildrip tries to deliver
the email to vpopmail/domain/domain.com/Maildir/--rather than
vpopmail/domain/domain.com/user/Maildir. Since domain.com/Maildir
doesn't exist, mail delivery is deferred.

Here's my .qmail-default:

| /usr/local/bin/maildrop .qmail-default-mailfilter

Here's my .qmail-default-mailfilter:

VHOME=`/usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo -d $EXT@$HOST`
MAILFILTER="$VHOME/.mailfilter"
VPOP="| /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox"
logfile "/usr/local/vpopmail/domains/.maildroplog"
log "EXT is $EXT"
log "HOST is $HOST"
log "VHOME is $VHOME"
log "VPOP is $VPOP"
log "MAILFILTER is $MAILFILTER"

include "$MAILFILTER"
to "$VPOP"

Here's my /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/maildirfilterconfig:
MAILDIRFILTER=../.mailfilter
MAILDIR=./Maildir

What I'd really like to accomplish is to have MAILDIR define the users'
ABSOLUTE PATH to their maildir directory--while still using the global
maildirfilterconfig.

Can anyone offer suggestions, or pointers to docs, for making this work?