List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    Re: [sqwebmail] sqwebmail 3.62 & Plesk 5.05
From:       Brian Candler <B.Candler () pobox ! com>
Date:       2004-01-11 9:59:38

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 07:11:37PM -0800, Tech @ ITSNetwork wrote:
> This is my ./cofigure string is as follows;
> ./configure --enable-imagedir=/home/httpd/vhosts/plesk1.intranet.local/httpd
> ocs/images/sqwebmail --enable-imageurl=/i
> mages/sqwebmail --enable-cgibindir=/home/httpd/vhosts/plesk1.intranet.local/
> cgi-bin/sqwebmail --with-htmldir=/home/httpd/vhosts/plesk1.intranet.local/ht
> tpdocs/sqwebmail --disable-changepass
>
> I've installed the binaries in the ls /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/ directory.

By 'binaries' you mean authdaemond and the auth modules? If you want to put
them in a different place, you must use

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sqwebmail ...etc

in which case under /usr/local/sqwebmail you will get a structure like

cleancache.pl
html/
ldapsearch
lib/
libexec/
man/
sbin/
sendit.sh
webgpg

You can't just move them and expect them to work, as they have paths to each
other encoded in them.

There's no need to move anything into place manually; sqwebmail's 'make
install' does it for you.

> Here is the a quote of the html from
> http://plesk1.intranet.local/sqwebmail/en-us/index.html

Those templates should not be put inside the Apache document root at all,
because the webserver never serves them. Rather, the CGI reads them,
modifies them, and spits them out.

So try reconfiguring without --with-htmldir but with --prefix. You should
keep --enable-imagedir, --enable-imageurl, --enable-cgibindir because they
tell courier where to put files at the time you type 'make install'

> And on "http://plesk1.intranet.local/cgi-bin/sqwebmail/sqwebmail?index=1"
> I get "Can't open form template."

If you still get that error, try attaching strace/truss/ktrace to your
sqwebmaild process, then you can see exactly what form it is trying to open
and what the error is (no such file, permissions, or whatever)

Brian.