List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    Re: [sqwebmail] Re: What affect hard/soft timeout limit?
From:       James A Baker <jabaker+sqwebmail () mboro ! org>
Date:       2003-08-30 5:56:08

On Saturday, Aug 30, 2003, at 00:45 US/Central, rkl wrote:

> what it is doing:
> it is timing out on the hardtimeout even if i'm active into the last
> minute.
>
> what i expect:
> the hardtimeout expiration to be extended from my last activity.
> it seems odd that i'm kicked out at a fix interval even though i might
> be actively using the mail.
> -do you agree?

Ohhh!

No.

That's the definition of the difference between hard and soft timeout,
I believe.

The softtimeout is an inactivity timer. The hardtimeout is for forcing
a disconnect after that long using the system. Nothing odd there.

If you only want the inactivity timer, set hardtimeout to something
obscenely long like 86400 (a day) or 604800 (a week). That should take
care of your problem. =)

-jab