List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    Re: [sqwebmail] NEW: logindomainlist patch
From:       Martin Kos <mailing () kos ! lugs ! ch>
Date:       2003-02-26 17:11:32

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

>> any chance to get something with the https-login working? *smile*
>
>I would if I could, but I think that's more of an issue with Apache than
>sqwebmail. If you can think of a system that might work, then I'll
>consider including it, but otherwise, you'll probably just have to get an
>IP address and multiple certificates. I think that's kinda the way SSL is
>meant to be implemented anyway. Name-based virtual hosting + SSL is a
>security risk, I think.
no i think that isn't a problem with apache. say i have a user that logs
in on the webmail-site at http://mail.domain.com/. the domain.com is
automatically presented on the login-page. now the user hits login and
instead of authenticate trough httpS://mail.domain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail,
it should use httpS://ssldomain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail and then send the
browser back to the unencrypted http://mail.domain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail
pages ?

greets
 Martin

ps.: sorry that i've send you the mail private and not to the list...
--
Martin Kos                                 Handy +41-76-384-93-33
http://kos.li/        ICQ# 13556143        Fax +49-89-244-323-681