List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    [sqwebmail] can't seem to reach LDAP server for authentication
From:       joe <joe () dubium ! com>
Date:       2002-11-26 6:03:49

I'm migrating to a new server.  I had this configuration (+/-) working
on the old server.

To date, I've migrated qmail, ldap server,  and a few other services and
have got the MTA up and running.

I've finally building sqwebmail (v3.4.0.20021026). The problem I have is
that it appears sqwebmail can't find the ldap server.

- authdaemond.ldap service is running (started through authdaemond)
- sockstat -4 shows the service is listening on the correct port
    root     slapd     2273    8 tcp4   *:389                 *:*

- authldaprc has been updated to point to the new ldap server location
   (from the file authldaprc, no spaces at the end)
    LDAP_SERVER             192.168.0.201
    LDAP_PORT               389

- verified this is the correct ip address (192.168.0.201)
- verified the ldap server is working and can be reached from the
different   machines on my local network using both qmail-ldaplookup,
and ldapsearch ( I can watch these connections in the log files )

- when I try to log in using the sqwebmail (from apache v2.0.43)
   I get the error "invalid userid or password". This was a typical
error when I was setting up the original server and persisted until I
had the proper configuration specified in the authldaprc file.

In this migration however, nothing shows up in the ldap server logs.  I
am not sure where to look for further problem investigaion.  I'd
appreciate any direction.

Joe