List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] re creating old server, get Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.'
From:       voytek via squirrelmail-users <squirrelmail-users () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2024-03-02 11:46:52

On 2024-03-02 13:31, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> You may want to ask for help with Dovecot on their mailing list if IMAP
> isn't working itself (log in on the command line and test!). Be careful
> what is happening, as I suspect you already have a Sent folder. If so,
> this means your expected folder list is not what is being returned from
> Dovecot. Do you really have the same configuration for Dovecot and
> SquirrelMail as before? Double check your IMAP settings and try saving
> your configuration file to the side and starting from scratch by using
> the
> config/conf.pl tool and let SquirrelMail set up the IMAP settings only
> by
> using option D and indicating the IMAP server is Dovecot.

Paul, thanks!

with Dovecot, I've used (old)/etc/dovecot/* then remed out maybe 3 o4
lines giving errors
with SquirrelMail created from null using conf.pl

ahhhh... server type... yes...

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php
Config version 1.5.0; SquirrelMail version 1.5.2 [SVN]
Command >> dovecot
               imap_server_type = dovecot
          default_folder_prefix = <none>
                   trash_folder = Trash
                    sent_folder = Sent
                   draft_folder = Drafts
             show_prefix_option = false
           default_sub_of_inbox = false
show_contain_subfolders_option = false
             optional_delimiter = detect
                  delete_folder = false
       force_username_lowercase = true

ahhh... sorry, I was cutting corners, didn't do full config....

YES!! working fine big thank you, mea culpa (what else is new?)
errors gone, folders showing, emails showing I think it's all good!!

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
List address: squirrelmail-users@lists.sourceforge.net