List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] Persistent 'You must be logged in' errors
From:       "Fredrik Jervfors" <jervfors () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2007-02-23 7:58:01

> I'm new to the list. I have been using squirrelmail for years and never
> had any problems until now. As a matter of fact you can see that this
> email was composed on a hosting server running a cPanel installation of
> squirrelmail 1.4.9a and it works flawlessly with both Netscrape and
> Firefox (Mozilla). applications.
>
> I have installed squirrelmail 1.4.9a on a Linux machine which I am
> unfamiliar with, and the administrator is not to forthcoming with server
> information.
>
> But I get Persistent "You must be logged in" errors when sending, or
> deleting a message I'm reading, but not if I delete from the list of
> messages pane (frame).
>
> I searched the archive but didn't find anything after about an hour of
> searching. Apparently this problem occurs for a lot of very different
> reasons, some of the fixes I did not understand because the sounded like
> programming code fixes--way over my head.
>
> Because I am only having this problem on the new hosting server, I need a
> list of questions to ask this new administrator, which may suggest some
> tweak I can do to the squirrelmail config files.

The first thing that comes to mind is cookies. If cookies aren't saved by
the browser you won't get logged in. You might want to start by installing
the Cookie Warning plugin.
<http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=235>

It's also a good idea to study the web server, PHP, and IMAP server logs
to find problems. You might have to make sure that PHP makes use of the
E_ALL error reporting to get anything useful.

Can you login with another client?

Which of the suggestions at <http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/LoginError>
did you try?

Sincerely,