List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?
From:       jam () qv90 ! de
Date:       2006-08-18 14:25:28

>> Maybe I haven't got the point, but why not just use fetchmail
>> to get the mail from server and filter it using maildrop thru any
>> spamassassin|antivirus filter or rule ?
>
> On the server I cannot install maildrop for the reasons explained in
> my previous message. What I want is:
Forget maildrop, use procmail as a synonym. I don't know many differences in
their processing.

> 1) when I read email from squirrelmail, I want to see it displayed
> in different folders (ie I don't really care or need to have it
> *physically* stored in separate mail folders there on the server)

That's what procmail may do. Sort em into different physically existing
folders (you've to create them in your IMAP server)

> 2) when I am at home, I want to download with fetchmail ALL the email that was
>    on the server in my home pc, no matter how it was sorted up there, in
>    how many folders and so on. Once it's there, I can (re)filter it with
>    procmail etc...

yes, you may derict fetchmail only to load a *copy* of the message into SM
IMAP server.

> At this point, the real issue basically seems to be:
>
> if I do 19 by setting squirremail+serversidefilter+procmail on the server
>     to have messages in separate messages when reading email from the web....
>
> .. can I still do 2)??? My understanding is that fetchmail can only
> download one mailbox (the inbox) per user from a server, and that pop3
> server can only send that inbox to pop3 clients. Is it so? If I'm wrong, good
Read more about fetchmail - it's capable of more than that
(http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-features.html).

Live long and prosper
Florian
Squirrelmail patch forum