List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?
From:       Marco Fioretti <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2006-08-18 9:05:42

Marco Meloni wrote:

> Maybe I haven't got the point, but why not just use fetchmail
> to get the mail from server and filter it using maildrop thru any
> spamassassin|antivirus filter or rule ?

On the server I cannot install maildrop for the reasons explained in
my previous message. What I want is:

1) when I read email from squirrelmail, I want to see it displayed
in different folders (ie I don't really care or need to have it
*physically* stored in separate mail folders there on the server)

2) when I am at home, I want to download with fetchmail ALL the email that was
   on the server in my home pc, no matter how it was sorted up there, in
   how many folders and so on. Once it's there, I can (re)filter it with
   procmail etc...

At this point, the real issue basically seems to be:

if I do 19 by setting squirremail+serversidefilter+procmail on the server
    to have messages in separate messages when reading email from the web....

.. can I still do 2)??? My understanding is that fetchmail can only
download one mailbox (the inbox) per user from a server, and that pop3
server can only send that inbox to pop3 clients. Is it so? If I'm wrong, good

TIA,
             Marco

PS: IMAP between the server and my home PC is not applicable due to several
reasons which would be really off topic here....