List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] Connection Drops in SquirrelMail.
From:       "Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-12-30 11:39:04

>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> I am getting problem in my squirrel  mail that when user login to
>>> squirrelmail connection expires messege showing "Invalid User Name of
>>> Password" then user have to login again.
>>>

>>> This is an abnormal thing, please HELP.
>>>

>> Are you sure that message says 'invalid username or password'?
>>

>> Check http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/AutoMagicLogout and
>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/AutoLogout
>>

> SquirrelMail version 1.4.5 [CVS]
> By the SquirrelMail Project Team
> ERROR
> Unknown user or password incorrect.
> Go to the login page

Upgrade to 1.4.6rc1 or any other official SquirrelMail release. '1.4.5
[CVS]' string does not provide information which allows to identify your
SquirrelMail version.

Show your IMAP server's CAPABILITY string.
telnet your-imap-server 143
A01 capability
A02 logout

Show your IMAP server's configuration in SquirrelMail. IMAP port, Secure
TLS and authentication type settings.

Check your PHP settings. If mbstring.func_override is not null, it can
break things in some SquirrelMail versions. If you use Secure TLS, check
how openssl extension is compiled into php. If you use Digest MD5
authentication - check if xml extension is supported in php.

Please keep SquirrelMail support questions on mailing list.

--
Tomas