List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] https webserver and https webmail server one public ip
From:       Ben Holt <ben () emediastudios ! com>
Date:       2005-08-29 17:30:17

Dan Carl said the following on 08/29/05 10:20:
> Here's my situation.
> Internally I  have two Linux servers, a commerce webserver and a mailserver
> running webmail.
> Externally I have only one public IP address.
> I want to use ssl on both servers.
> I fully understand the limitations of the HTTPS protocol.(1 cert 1 ip)
> I was told it's possible to have the client come in to server(a) get a
> certificate and retrieve the data from the server(b).
> I just want ssl webmail authentication and all my commerce data staying
> fully encrypted.(even to internal network)
> What's the best way to do this?, Via apache or squid?
> Does anyone have examples or can give me some insight?
> I posted a similar question to apache list and was referred here.

Reverse proxy if you really want to run apache on both machines, though
you'd probably be better off putting SM on your existing web server and
having it access your mail server.  This would be the normal way of
doing things.

- Ben

--

The difference between genius and stupidity is that my genius has limits.