List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] GPG plugin w/ imported secret key?
From:       email builder <emailbuilder88 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-08-26 11:12:32

--- "Brian G. Peterson" <brian@braverock.com> wrote:

> On Monday 15 August 2005 09:54 pm, email builder wrote:
> > >   Just imported a secret key to the GPG plugin, which worked great,
> > > however,
> > > I cannot sign messages with it.  Did I miss something?  Error message
> is:
> > >
> > > Your Request to Encrypt on Send encountered a problem, details below:
> > >
> > > Errors:
> > > no default secret key: general error
> > > GPG Plugin: gpg returned a non-clean return value of: 2
> > > GPG Plugin: gpg returned a non-clean return value of: 2
> > >

> > > Cyphertext not generated due to errors. Your plaintext has been
> > > preserved.
> >
> > Sorry, just for clarity, these are the exact steps I took:
> >
> > - wiped out my squirrelmail gpg prefs directory in the data directory so
> > can start from scratch (I had previously generated and used GPG keys
> > entirely through the GPG plugin and it worked great)
> > - generated my own keypair from my linux command line:
> > - ran this command to get my private key:
> >     gpg --export-secret-subkeys -a
> > - used the GPG plugin to "import from text" and pasted the PGP PRIVATE
> KEY
> > BLOCK in and saved
>
> You need to import a key *pair*, so both the public and the private key.
> Try
> importing your public key as well, and it should work.

Yes, this was the problem, thank you.  However, you might consider making
this more clear in the instructions.  Also, the fact that after I uploaded
ONLY my private key the interface listed it under BOTH the private and public
keyrings, I assumed it had everything it needed.  It should only have showed
up under the private keyring and maybe I would have figured it out on my
own....