List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    [SM-USERS] Five minute delay in POSTing login form
From:       "David Macfarlane" <dmac () impressed ! com>
Date:       2005-07-31 17:21:51

I'm stumped. I've installed version 1.4.3a SquirrelMail on my RedHat 7.3
server, using apache 1.3.27 with PHPmod 4.1.2, not using a database. I
Alias-ed the directory, not using trailing '/'.

When I go to the url, I get the SquirrelMail login page, with textboxes for
Name: and Password:. Looking at the page source, I can see the <FORM...> tag
is going to POST to "redirect.php". But when I type in a name and password,
then click the Login button, it takes five minutes for my server to see the
POST request. And then that doesn't seem to return anything to the browser
(which stays displaying the login page).

I've tested this with Firefox and IE on my laptop and Lynx on a BSD server -
same behavior.

Any ideas, folks? I feel I've missed something obvious, but I can't see it
for looking. Thanks.