List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    [SM-USERS] Re: retrieveuserdata plugin problem
From:       Srinivas Patnaik <srinivaspatnaik05 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-29 11:15:50

> 1. Subject names one plugin
> 2. My reply text talks about change password plugins
> 3. You name a (non existent) file in the Multilogin plugin
>
> maybe you should repost and describe what the problem was and how you
> solved it and share with us your code.
>
> thanks,
>
>  paul

Hi all,
  Sorry, for i have not mentioned my problem and solution clearly.

My problem was that i had squirrelmail running on one machine and the
courier-imap server was running on another machine.
Squirrelmail was working perfectly. But we had to manually edit the
full name and "from" address in the personal information section,
which i don't think should be allowed for common user.  So, i used the
retrieveuserdata plugin to solve the problem. We are not using ldap or
mysql or things like that for authentication, so we had to access the
fullname from /etc/passwd file. The problem was that this file was not
residing on the machine where squirrelmail was running and
retrieveuserdata was not made to access /etc/passwd file from another
machine.

So, i used XML_RPC to call a procedure defined on the remote machine
where /etc/passwd file was residing and this procedure was called from
the passwd.php file  which is in retrieveuserdata plugin. i have
attached my passwd.php and the file containing the remote procedure.
Sorry for my code is not so elegent as yours (Paul) and Kraudelt's.

Can you tell me about how to access a global variable from a file.
Actually, i am using multilogin plugin so i want to access the
/etc/passwd file from the machine which is currently selected. I have
commented the portion of the code in which i have tried to do this,
but it's not working.
Thank you.
                             Srinivas

["passwd.php" (application/x-php)]