List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    RE: [SM-USERS] TWC Weather problem
From:       "p dont think" <pdontthink () angrynerds ! com>
Date:       2003-01-31 3:41:35

Hmmm.  Those errors actually look like they stem from the original
Weather plugin, from which this one branched.  I put error-checking to
block all those errors in the most recent Weather plugin (but it's not
ready for 1.4 yet), but it looks like TWC Weather doesn't have those
fixes yet.

Maybe prod Jamuel (the author)... some of us had been talking about a
new weather plugin based on a free XML-based service, but no one's moved
on it yet.  Maybe this is incentive to get moving....

Chad
> Sarles
> Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:01 PM
> To: squirrelmail-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: RE: [SM-USERS] TWC Weather problem
>
> I have the exact same problem with:
>
> RH 8, SM latest CVS, PHP 4.3, Apache 2.0.40, latest version of TWC
Weather
> plugin
>
> I have tried different versions of PHP, from 4.23 to the latest CVS,
RG
> OFF and ON, and several different versions of Squirrelmail.
>
> I turned the errors on, and when I submit the new location I get about
4
> MB written to the logfile. That's with ignore_repeated_errors = On,
> ignore_repeated_source = On, max_execution_time = 10, max_input_time =
10,
> and error_reporting  =  E_ALL.
>
> Of course I cannot show you all the errors, but many of them are
> repeated.. Here's a few lines that may help:

> Notice: Constant SM_PATH already defined in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/setup.php on line 20
>
> Notice: Undefined index: weather_view_place in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 159
>
> -snip-
>

> Notice: Undefined index: multi_flag in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 187
>
> Notice: Undefined index: action in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 190
>
> -snip-
>
> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses:
> getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 259
>
> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
> http://www.weather.com:80 in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 259
>
> Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
> /var/www/squirrelmail/plugins/twc_weather/options.php on line 260

> Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>

> > At 11:41 29/01/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >>Huh.  Not sure what that would be.  Have you tried turning on
> >>display_errors=On and set your error level to E_ALL?  Does it show
errors
> >>then?  Also, try setting RG=Off for the fun of it... does it work?
> >
> > RG actually was off, and it was failing, so I turned it on, and
still
> > failed. I'll do the error settings and see
> >
> >>.

FWIW,