List:       squirrelmail-stable
Subject:    [SM-STABLE] Addressbook Import-Export v 0.6 plugin
From:       Adam Forsyth <forsytad () luther ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-04 15:56:50

We're running Squirrelmail 1.2.10, and I've got version 0.6 of the
Addressbook Import-Export plugin installed.  When I installed it, I'm sure
that I tested exporting, but not sure I remembered to test importing csv
files.  One of our users finally did try importing a csv file, and I have to
agree with the user, as I've got squirrelmail and this plugin installed it
does not seem to work.

When a user attempts to import a csv file, they just get the message:
"You need a valid user and password to access this page!"

Looking at the php code for the plugin, that gets generated at the very
beginning of address_book_import.php with an if statement that's looking for
the variable $username to have a value.

   if(!isset($username)) {
      echo "You need a valid user and password to access this page!";
      exit;
   }

If I add echo "Username is: $username"; to the code, it confirms that
$username does not have any value.

Is this possibly an issue with register_globals = Off?  I've got it set to
on, but wonder if this variable has gone away or needs to be accessed
differntly in the process of making sqirrelmail work with register_globals =
Off?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where $username should be getting
set?