List:       squirrelmail-stable
Subject:    [SM-STABLE] Fix for some serious user-friendliness issues with folder names?
From:       Jessica Blank <jb () twu ! net>
Date:       2003-03-03 19:36:34

Hi all.

Folder names read (by default) "INBOX" (This is okay), "INBOX.Sent" (which
WILL confuse many/most users), "INBOX.Trash", and "INBOX.Drafts". I have
attached a small patch which will eliminate the leading "INBOX." as
perceived by the user; however, the system itself will continue to use it.

In other words, the patch affects what the users see, but NOT what the
code uses.

Might you guys consider rolling this patch into the next stable release? I
know my users do NOT understand the leading "INBOX." notation at all... I
don't think the default behavior should be to show it... no?

Also, you can get my patch at:
http://jb.twu.net/SM-user-friendly-folders.tar.gz

It's very small and simple, but can help users a lot, methinks.

--Jessica

--
J e s s i c a    L e a h    B l a n k

["SM-user-friendly-folders.tar.gz" (APPLICATION/x-gzip)]