List:       squirrelmail-stable
Subject:    Re: [SM-STABLE] Memory exhausted with new imap account
From:       Wolf Bergenheim <wolf () bergenheim ! net>
Date:       2003-02-24 7:59:08

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Pierre Machard wrote:

> Re,
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:01:33AM -0600, Jonathan Angliss wrote:
> [...]
> > The subdirs are empty... how are you saving space?  Chances are, the reason
> > you are getting issues is courier is throwing an error back, or not
> > handling an error at all, and just dieing, and SquirrelMail doesn't know
> > what to do with that.
>
> I agree with that. My query was is that possible for you to display an error
> message, or to deal with that problem ?
>
> In my own case, the trick to solve the problem is to send an email once
> a new account is created :-)

Hmm... Courier...

Well you could also execute 'maildirmake Maildir' for every new user. That
would create those 'new', 'cur' and 'tmp' directories. That way you
wouldn't have to 'waste the diskspace' for an email :) Also I think that
in some readme it says that you really should run maildirmake to set up a
new maildir.

--Wolf

--

      |Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
(o< --|Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
//\   |All the king's horses and all the king's men
V_/_  |Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Wolf Bergenheim