List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Getting SM Filters to work when picking up mail
From:       Paul Lesniewski <paul () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2009-10-08 2:52:46

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM, SquirrelMail Email List <sm@pcez.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a client that sometimes uses the SM interface and sometimes uses an
> external IMAP client (Outlook Express). When they use the SM interface the
> messages go to the proper folders for which the filters told them to go.
> But when using their IMAP client program all the messages that are new,
> are in the inbox. The second that SM is started all messages are sorted as
> needed into the proper folders.
>
> Is there a Plugin that will sort the inbox messages according to the SM
> filters the user has selected when the messages comes onto the mail
> server? The mail server and the web interface are on the same machine. All
> client data is keeped in a MYSQL data base. SM version 1.4.19

You need to implement delivery-time filters on your system.
SquirrelMail is a mail client that is only operational when a user is
logged in, and its responsibilities end there.  There are plenty of
what are called server-side filtering systems (as opposed to in-client
filtering) available, and SM has some front ends for configuring some
of them.  But getting such a system installed and configured is not
related to SM.  You'll need to do your own research on how to set that
up.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team