List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Bayesspam Scoring
From:       "Matthew Walker" <mwalker () kydance ! net>
Date:       2009-02-08 19:39:50

On Sat, February 7, 2009 5:23 am, tabita ayu wrote:
> Hai, my name Ayu. I need your help, specially help from ur team in TEAM
> SQUIRRELMAIL. I want to ask about filtering email in Bayesspam plugin from
> Squirrelmail. Formula on algorithm isn't clear enough, can u tell me the
> way "How to get scoring of spam or notspam?" Example, on database: there is
> an email spam, and score of that email is 0,899. Can u explain to get 0.899
> on database?? (the arithmetic)
> And how u get token, random? or with formula??

I don't really understand everything you're asking, but the plugin was based \
originally on this article: http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html

It uses the Bayesian statistical analysis methods to do the classification. Tokens \
are mostly simply words or strings separated by whitespace, but I also add special \
tokens for certain things like ip address ranges and domain names.

--
Matthew Walker