List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Calendar plug-in question
From:       "Paul Lesniewski" <paul () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2008-08-06 23:39:48

Please consult the mailing list posting guidelines for information on
how to post to this list, including not to top post, thanks.

> > > I had a question regarding the "Calendar File Backend" for SquirrelMail
> > > which I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice about.
> > >
> > > We're using SquirrelMail is 1.4.10a, with the Calendar File Backend 1.0
> > > on
> > > Windows Server 2003 Standard.  Sending out meeting invites to Outlook
> > > WebAccess (on an SBS 2003 box) accounts seems to work perfectly and, if
> > > the
> > > invite is accepted, it goes into the persons OWA calendar without issue.
> > > But, if I send an invite to our SquirrelMail implementation from OWA and
> > > accept the invite,
> >
> > I know of no standard mechanism in SquirrelMail to "accept" a meeting
> > invite.  Please explain how you do this and what customizations you
> > have made to accommodate it.
> >
> > > it goes into our SquirrelMail email calendar, but 7 hours
> > > earlier (for example, I sent a meeting invite for 11:30am to 12:00pm
> > > from
> > > OWA, I accepted it from within my SquirrelMail implementation email
> > > account
> > > and it put it into the calendar at 4:30am) - any idea if this could be
> > > related to a known bug or a config issue or where we should be looking
> > > resolve this?
> >
> > Hard to say without further knowledge about how the event is being
> > added to the calendar.
>
> Well - it seems like we clarified some of the problem below (it was a
> timezone issue), but further testing of the Calendar produced another
> issue.  We are also using the "Shared Calendar plugin" Ver 2.0.1 and found
> that it works fine with invites sent by OWA and Outlook 2003, but sending an
> invite from Outlook 2007 doesn't work.
>
> Is it possible that the iCalendar format generated by Outlook 2007 is
> different than what was produced by earlier Outlooks?

You tell me.  I don't test Microsoft products regularly, but as you
seem to have access to them, you should run a diff on the conflicting
files and see what you come up with.  I would say it is indeed
possible that there area differences.  Microsoft just loves to add
their own crap to cloud a formerly very simple standard into a
complete mess.

> Any other ideas?

You still didn't answer my request to say how you are even adding
these to SM at all.  I can't help if I don't know what you are doing.
Even then, it seems to me that you'll have to walk through the code to
see where the problem is happening.