List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Compose in HTML not working with frames
From:       xavatar <xavatar () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-11-04 22:15:41

Hi Alejandro;

I am using Squirrelmail 1.4.11 and HTML_mail 2.3, with FCKeditor, not
HTMLArea.  I'm not sure of your set up, but in my case, the problem was that
the top frame's domain was different than the squirrelmail frame's domain.
Because of the domain mismatch, the javascript produces this error: Error:
uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Location.search

I understand the reason for the error is that the code violates the
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/same-origin.html Same
Origin policy .

So for me, In ./plugins/html_mail/fckeditor/fckeditor.js I just changed:

 var sFile = (/fcksource=true/i).test( window.top.location.search ) ?
'fckeditor.original.html' : 'fckeditor.html' ;

 var sFile = (/fcksource=true/i).test( document.location.search ) ?
'fckeditor.original.html' : 'fckeditor.html' ;

which should be on line 119.  Using the document object avoided the domain
name mismatch.

After clearing my browser's local cache, the html_mail plugin seems to be
working now.

Hope this helps your situation,