List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    [SM-PLUGINS] Bug Report
From:       ashok () iimk ! ac ! in
Date:       2006-05-19 5:57:05

I subscribe to the squirrelmail-users mailing list.

  [* ]  False - Please CC me when replying

This bug occurs when I ...

    ... use a specific plugin/function

The description of the bug:

We are using Squirrelmail with multi-loging and Mail Forwarding plugins.
Squirrelmail runs on our mail relay server whereas the user home folders
and mailboxes are on three other different servres, namely, MS-1, MS-2
and MS-3. The mail relay forwards mails to local users based on an
aliases file. The users are able to loging to their specific server for
transacting emails. However, when they try setting the Mail Forwarding,
Squirrelmail looks for user home folders on Mail Relay Server itself for
creating .forwad file. As user home folder does not exist on this server
(Mail Relay) it fails to create .forward file/set the mail forward.
Surprisingly, it does not throw any error so user gets a feeling that
the mail forward has been set. Actually, the fowarding settings should
be stored in the user's respective home folder (on MS-1 or MS-2 or MS-3
servers as the case may be).

My browser information:
  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

My web server information:
  PHP Version 4.3.9
  PHP Extensions (List)
    * 0 = yp
    * 1 = xml
    * 2 = wddx
    * 3 = tokenizer
    * 4 = sysvshm
    * 5 = sysvsem
    * 6 = standard
    * 7 = sockets
    * 8 = shmop
    * 9 = session
    * 10 = pspell
    * 11 = posix
    * 12 = pcre
    * 13 = overload
    * 14 = mime_magic
    * 15 = iconv
    * 16 = gmp
    * 17 = gettext
    * 18 = ftp
    * 19 = exif
    * 20 = dio
    * 21 = dbx
    * 22 = dba
    * 23 = curl
    * 24 = ctype
    * 25 = calendar
    * 26 = bz2
    * 27 = bcmath
    * 28 = zlib
    * 29 = openssl
    * 30 = apache2handler
    * 31 = ldap
    * 32 = mbstring
    * 33 = mysql
    * 34 = odbc
    * 35 = pgsql

SquirrelMail-specific information:
  Version:  1.4.6-5.el4
  Plugins (List)
    * 0 = delete_move_next
    * 1 = squirrelspell
    * 2 = newmail
    * 3 = abook_take
    * 4 = mail_fetch
    * 5 = filters
    * 6 = calendar
    * 7 = compatibility
    * 8 = multilogin
    * 9 = change_ldappass
    * 10 = sent_confirmation
    * 11 = show_user_and_ip
    * 12 = bug_report
    * 13 = mail_fwd
    * 14 = change_ldappass

My IMAP server information:
  Server type:  uw
  Server info:  * OK [HIDDEN] ready.
  Capabilities:  IMAP4rev1 SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED NAMESPACE STARTTLS
AUTH=PLAIN

--
Ashok Pathak,
Systems Manager,