List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    [SM-PLUGINS] addgraphics / squirremail plugins
From:       "julien tayon" <deneg () ti0n ! net>
Date:       2006-05-11 15:48:09

Hello,

As a begining, I am new to the list, I inherited from a physicist
education a twisted way to consider coding ; I even founded fortran 77 fun
to use. My customers and I are sastified users of squirrelmail, so thanks.
And here I try to give back.

I made a mod on Mark Motley / Paul Lesneiwsky patch, that I proposed to
Paul, my main problem is not the code  (it works fine ... for me), but it
is quite overly complicated to explain how it works its purpose and the
added features :) as a result I did not catch his attention in order we
work it out together.

Due to the amount of code and its complexity, it is quite far in ease of
use and in conception with the initial mod. I appreciated the original
plugins, mine puzzles me.

The main idea is to propose in the left frame various links above or under
the   folder listing with some formating, plus it helps selects the groups
of links per profile. Links description can be optionnaly translated on
the fly. As my i18n skills are poor I quite reimplemented it in an easy
way with hash tables.

To be more factual, imagine that you are an ISP you can propose links to
your customers regarding their center of interests (sport, techno ...),
that you select from an LDAP tree or a database (the profile is extracted
by a custom function).

By the way, I had no time finding how to make phptidy works so it is ill
indented.

http://julbox.fr/sqpg.tgz

I'd be delighted if you could lend  me a hand in
- first in telling me how I could switch from some «it work for me (tm)»
code to a  useful contribution
- then in telling me what I should care about so that it comply with
squirrelmail conception.

Friendly yours,

--
Julien Tayon        /      Artisan informaticien     /   Faire simple
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and